NUC Scholarship: 2014-2015 Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development (PRESSID)
Shortlisted Candidates List for 2013 PRESSID Aptitude Test published, click on the link below for details:
As part of efforts to achieve the goals of Vision 20:2020 and the Transformation Agenda, the Federal Government of Nigeria plans to develop a critical mass of professionals who would serve as catalysts of change and agents of scientific and technological advancement, as well as sustainable economic development. This would be achieved through the sponsorship of outstanding students for postgraduate studies in the top 25 universities in the world. To this end, the Federal Government has instituted the Presidential Special Scholarship Scheme for Innovation and Development.
The PRESSID Implementation Committee now invites applications from qualified candidates for the second edition of the scheme (2014/2015 academic session).
Eligibility Criteria for the Scheme
Interested candidates should:
- be graduates from the 2010/2011 and 2011/2012 academic sessions, who would have completed their National Youth Service by October 2013;
- have obtained First Class Honours degree from any recognised and approved University in the following disciplines and aim at postgraduate degrees in the specified and allied disciplines:
- Sciences: Nuclear Physics, Operations Research, Industrial Chemistry, Quantitative Genetics, etc
- Basic Medical Sciences: Anatomy, Physiology, Medical Biochemistry, etc;
- Special Aspects of Biology: Biometrics, Molecular Biology, etc;
- Economics: Econometrics, Development Economics, etc;
- Engineering & Technology: Aeronautical Engineering, Mechatronics, Metallurgy, Material Science and Production Engineering, Nanotechnology, Cyber-Security, Software Engineering, etc;
- Medicine: Oncology, Human Genetics, Hepatology, Nuclear Medicine, Geriatrics, etc
*In the case of Medicine, candidates must have a minimum of 2 Distinctions in their Part 3 and Part 4 MBBS examinations; In all cases, candidates must:
- be below 30 years of age by October 2013;
- be computer literate; and
- be ready to be bonded and to work, preferably, as academic staff in any public university or research institute for a minimum period of five (5) years.
Please note that universities in the United States of America require candidates to sit for the Graduate Record Exams (GRE) before they can secure admission.
For further enquiries, please contact the Committee through email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only shortlisted candidate will be invited for further screening.
How To Apply
Visit the scholarship website via the link below;
>>2014/2014 PRESSID Postgraduate Scholarship Application<<
Be sure to share this news with your friends using the Share buttons below
Category: SCHOLARSHIP NEWS